Sunday, 20 December 2009
One of my favourite bloggers Helena Halme and Life The Universe and all that's in it did this on their blogs and I couldnt resist taking part, as this may well be my final post of the year, I would like to wish you all a very beautiful Christmas and a happy New Year.
What you're supposed to do is to copy this entire post and paste into a new post on your blog. Change all the answers so that they apply to you.This is not a Meme or a Tag. You simply play along if you wish to. Or just read the answers!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper which coordinates with my Christmas theme.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Definitely real and very tall.
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend before Christmas - infact today, and we all decorate together.
4. When do you take the tree down? 12th Night, I'm a traditionalist.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, oddly.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A Cindy doll with several matching outfits.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Step-dad. What do you buy for the man who has all his heart desires.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mother, as we love the same things.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No. I find them spooky.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, but haven't done them yet..
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A wrapped up orange, which had gone mouldy - from my ex-mother-in-law, no love loss there.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Mid-december, before panic can set in.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Absolutely not.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I adore bread pudding, but only ever have it on Christmas day.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, white fairy lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Jingle Bells. So jolly.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? At home, with family and friends.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Rudolph, Vixen, Dancer, that's all I can remember, and they may not even be right, so no.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? An Angel my smallest chap made at school.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning, with wrapping flying and large shouts of joy, followed by a light breakfast of Christmas muffins.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People rushing about in panic and not enjoying the sparkling lights everywhere.
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? Candels, traditional theme, white/silver and pastels.
24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? We have Christmas lunch. Canapes(homemade), turkey, stuffing, crisp roast potatoes, bread sauce, cranberry sauce, sprouts, carrots, parsnips and lots of gravy. Christmas pud, or fruit tart and end with mince pies.
25. What do you want to do for Christmas this year? Something sparkling for my ears.
26. Favorite Christmas tradition growing up? Laying the table on Christmas Eve for the following day for 30!!
27. Favorite tradition now? Making mincemeat and mincepies with my small herd of chaps.
28. Favorite Christmas Memory? Receiving a pet tortoise from my parents.