Saturday 27 August 2011

Farewell My Lovelies




Darling ones, it has been a terribly long time since I have written a single word or communicated with the online, virtual world. I have a jolly good reason though. Before I explain, I will firstly say that it is with great sadness that I must say farewell, this will be my last entry.


In past entries, I have expressed an interest in politics and at the beginning of this year I was head-hunted to represent the good people of my ward at District Council level, and stand for public office in the May local election. Well I felt honoured to be given this opportunity, so with my usual enthusiasm and vigor I began my campaign, and I bloody well won, I beat off the opposition with grace and charm and an elegant array of appropriate outfits (thank you Joseph), manicured nails and bouncy blow-dries. I knew I was in with a chance as I glided around the district and raised admiring glances as I chatted to residents while out canvassing, they smiled and said how refreshing it was to meet a young (oh thank you Dr Zelens) woman who would understand the needs of local people with young families.

Election night was terrifying and exciting as we watched the Count as ballot papers were tipped onto the table, I felt nervous and hoped I had done enough pavement pounding, and I clutched Handsome Husbands hand as they began to sift through the little bits of paper. He was confident and kept telling me it was a no brainer as I was gorgeous, intelligent and far better looking than the opposition. As the night went on, and the results began to role in, it was clear there was a great big blue swing and I began to feel a little more hopeful and at 5am on May 6th this year it was announced to the world, that I had won my seat. I cannot begin to explain the sheer joy and feeling of triumph I felt, it is a moment I shall never forget.

So I won, and I have been getting my feet under the table, making my mark, and taking my role extremely seriously as there is much work to be done, people to help, places to go, and meetings to attend, and time is very short. Life will be a little more serious for me, and I think it is what I have been searching for for some time. I'm good at this, I have come in with fresh eyes and a commercial view and I do believe things can be done if you put your mind to it.

North West London Girl in The Country has found her place in the world, and it is a happy and fulfilled one.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Well done, and best of luck in your new career. Politics needs people with common sense and integrity so you probably stand out like a beacon of shiny blue light.

You never know, one day we may even see you on the tele!

Style At Every Age said...

Ah the Political worlds gain is Blog and Twitter's loss. Good Luck with everything, gonna miss you xxxx

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Although I am sad to see you leave the blogosphere, I am happy to hear such great news and to know that you've been not just given such an exciting opportunity but now able to pursue something that brings you joy! Yay to that :) Best of luck to you with everything!!

Kim said...

Well done! I work in politics in the US and I know how much work it takes to get elected. So, bravo!

Wildernesschic said...

WOW I am thrilled for you .. stay in touch ... incognito or not xx

rsctt said...

Congratulations! serve your people well!

www.wayfarersquest-rsctt.blogspot.com

Admin said...

I have visited your blog for the first time and found it a well organized blog. Keep sharing nice stuff. Following are my blogs. You can join me there . . .

Watch Indian And Pakistani Dramas Free Online
Hd Quality Dramas
Indian Dramas Written Updates
Watch Pakistani Talk Show
Prize Bond/
Technology news
Result
Thailand Lotto
Latest Novels

Unknown said...

Christian Louboutin Pumps red soles shoes series - Christian Louboutin footwear brand is very popular.
Christian Louboutin Pumps: more perfectly express the meaning of Christian Louboutin shoes, rich styles nostalgia and innovation. This series makes the Christian Louboutin red soles shoes more colorful.
Contains a variety of series style Christian Louboutin, Christian Louboutin shoes Variety style successfully penetrated into the lifestyle of the various fields. Example: the girls wear Christian Louboutin Sandals, more prominent sexy and frank; boys wear Christian Louboutin Mens Shoes, perfect to show his handsome, elegant and mature charm. Christian Louboutin brand has a kind of magic, men and women can build a more perfect. Christian Louboutin Outlet is your show their unique charm magic castle!
Tags: Christian Louboutin Sneakers, Christian Louboutin Pump, Christian Louboutin Mens Shoes, Christian Louboutin Sandals

Buy Youtube Likes said...


I really love the way you discuss this kind of topic.

Unknown said...

Always Love to read your Blog!
Xcl technologies | Dubai web design | SEO dubai
Xcl technologies | dubai web development | company branding

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails